Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Colorful Food

For an appetizer last night I decided to whip up some Vietnamese spring rolls. I didn't follow a recipe, just kind of made it up as I went. Thought I would share it with the world because it was ABSOLUTELY delicious and healthy.

Ingredients

  • Rice based spring roll wrappers
  • Purple Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Cilantro
  • Radishes
  • Olive Oil

 Instructions

First chop up the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and radishes. Mix them together in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Soften the rice based spring roll wrappers as directed on the package. For mine it meant soaking them in water for about 20 seconds. Put the softened wrapper on a tea towel and then add a scoop of the mixed ingredients to the center of the wrapper. Form the mix into a long oval shape. Then fold the sides of the wrapper closest to the ends of the mix in. Then roll the wrapper from one non-folded end to the other.

I served mine with some spicy peanut sauce that I found in the Asian section of my supermarket. I highly recommend coming up with your own spring roll with whatever veggies you have in your fridge. I also added a bit of leftover chopped up chicken breast in mine as well. Get CREATIVE!

Don't they colorful and scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment